This article discusses how to import STP ( step – file) into pdms. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data.
AVEVA has software that can either export 3D PDMS models in the form of STP file that MEI (Mechanical Equipment Interface). But this is licensed software by Aveva used to Efficient design transfer between 3D MCAD systems and AVEVA PDMS or AVEVA Outfitting accurate 3D models of suppliers’ equipment items.
New : you can convert 3D Solid AutoCAD into 3D Extrusion Primitive PDMS using 3D AutoCAD to PDMS Converter.
Here’s how to import STP files into PDMS :
1. Masuk pada aplikasi Equipment Application, Design –> Equipment
2. Open Mechanical Equipment Interface menu, Utilities –> Mechanical Equipment Interface
3. Select Element to import into, press button CE.
4. Press Browse.. button to choose file STP to be imported.
5. Press Import button to Import.
Type of result is GENPRI not primitive. Its can convert using tabs Modify in Mechanical Equipment Interface menu.