This page shows how the ways convert DXF file to PLT file.
AVEVA PDMS software has additional tools in order to convert DXF files to PLT files with ease. This tools named Plot.exe and located at C:\AVEVA\Plant\PDMS12.0.SP*\Plot\Plot.exe.
But the Plot.exe file can not be executed directly, it must be through the command prompt or commandline PDMS.
This command is used SYSCOM ‘PLOT ( space ) PDMS ( space ) DXF file location ( spasi ) PLT file location conversion results‘
Sample of Convert Dxf to Plt command :
SYSCOM ‘PLOT PDMS D:\PDMSid\Tutorial\pdms.dxf D:\PDMSid\Tutorial\pdms.plt‘
How to convert DXF to PLT :
- Make a dxf file via AutoCAD software or the like.
- Explode all object that is already in the drawing so that all objects can be converted to PLT file.
- Save the AutoCAD file into DXF file.
- Save the DXF at the folder that named not contain space. example D:\PDMSid\Tutorial\pdms.dxf not D:\PDMSid convert\Tutorial\pdms.dxf
- Open Aveva PDMS software and write the command PLOT into command line.
Maybe useful and please if any question write comment in commentar colomn below.